Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Sunday Crossword: A Family Affair


One of our favorite weekend activities is the crossword puzzle in the newspaper.  Five-year-olds don't really fill them out properly, but they are careful to fill in every square with a letter, then sit back and say, "some of those clues were really bad."  I'm not sure where he heard that.

Someday I'll look back and wonder what happened to the little guys that used to run around the house in their footsie jammies singing the Star Wars or Indiana Jones theme songs at the tops of their lungs, and making my life miserable with all the Legos strewn about.  So for now, I will try to savor these moments, and the obsession that comes along with them.  This is how a typical morning goes:
   "Are you ready for breakfast?"
   "Have you seen my Darth Vader helmet?"
   "No, did you bring it downstairs?"
   "No."
   "Are you ready for breakfast?"
   "I'm just missing the helmet, I have the lightsaber."
   "Okay, we'll find it later, are you ready for breakfast?"
   "I have to finish my set, I need Darth Vader's helmet."
Somehow I don't think we are having the same conversation.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Katie! Welcome to Blogland! Cute family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I miss the little boy's conversations! :) Made me smile! Glad you started a blog. It will be fun to keep up to date on pics...now if only I could motivate myself to update ours...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippee for blogging! It's the easy journal way I think. We are excited to see more pictures! The boys already look so much bigger.

    ReplyDelete